The information and resources here are intended to support your efforts to develop stronger connections between the homeless-serving system and other community systems.
Keep checking back here as we will be regularly updating materials and adding further resources.
See sections below for information and resources to connect with Health, Domestic Violence, Corrections/Police, Education, and Employment systems and Indigenous Partners. Remember, you can also always search on the Homeless Hub and the Community Workspace on Homelessness for further information.
- Domestic Violence – The Homeless HUB
- Re-visioning Our Approach to Stop Violence Against Women in the Movement to Prevent and End Homelessness (System Planning Collective, 2018) – a 1.5 hour webinar describing a new paradigm for domestic violence shelter operations, with a focus on renewing shelter objectives, service models, policies, and practices. Key evaluative and reflective tools provided for participants to take back to their organizations and communities to further explore these concepts in their own work.
- Checklist: Incorporating Domestic Violence Providers into a Coordinated Assessment Process (NAEH, 2016)
- Closing the Gap: Integrating Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence Experiencing Homelessness – A toolkit (National Center on Family Violence, 2013)
- Housing, Homelessness and Violence Against Women (Women’s Shelters Canada, 2017)
- Safety Planning for Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence: A Toolkit for Housing Programs (NASH, 2018)