All teams that will be doing surveying will need a variety of materials. This section of the Tool Kit provides you with a list of helpful items to put in these survey packets.
- To begin, each team should have a packet that includes:
- pens, flashlights, clipboards, a lanyard signifying that they are a volunteer with your local Registry Week
- local emergency contact numbers including a phone number of someone who will be at Registry Week Headquarters during surveying shifts should anything happen during the surveying process
- resource cards with information about local services and supports that are available in your community. These cards should be offered to people regardless of if they participated in the survey or not.
- The survey packets should also include:
- the VI-SPDAT itself (in Clarifying Your Demand Section), with the consent form as the first page of the survey
- a refusal tracking sheet
- steps in the survey process
- surveying do’s and don’ts
- an introductory script (please use the Notes on Introductory Script to craft your script for volunteers)
- team roles and responsibilities
- a map of the area where they will be conducting surveys (see Block Map Example document).
You will want to create a separate survey packet for your Team Leaders. It should include all of the documents listed above plus the additional Team Leader Checklist.
Back: 11 – Registry week agenda
Next: 13 – Community debrief